Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Friday 29 June 2012

The Garden this week

Well, the polytunnel is full again - with all the plants we're rescuing from drowning and being munched to oblivion by the slugs.
Our tomato plants are coming on a treat and are very happy in their growbags.  It's one of the more positive aspects of the garden this year.  We've had Aire Valley in, who have started on the jungle that is our overgrown grass, and it makes such a vast difference with just a bit of grass cutting.  The sun  was out this afternoon, but a downpour just after lunch, has made everything dripping wet and we are not kitted out in the right gear and would get soaked.
We have just started the preparations for The Cookridge and District Horticultural Society's Annual Show, which we have entered for the last 2 years.  The first year I didn't attend, but last year I did and was cross with myself for not doing my homework as there were lots of classes we could of entered apart from our Veg Box (which won 2nd prize, I might add!).  I made copious notes and promised myself to do better, so I'm in the process of galvanising the troops and enter everything we can.  The teachers are SO going to love me - NOT!  The approach of end of term is frantic enough as it is, without me adding to the mix!  I am hoping to enter a Veg Box again, a display of herbs and do a display showing our work in the garden this past year.  The Show is on the first Saturday after we get back, so it's hitting the ground running then! Not the best of timing, but we always get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment