Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Cookridge Horticultural Society Show - What a Day!

On Saturday, I entered a few of our veggies in the local Cookridge and District Hortcultural Society Show at the Methodist Church and didn't I get a surprise!

As I walked in, the first thing I spotted was our basket of herbs which had come FIRST! I was chuffed to bits as the children had put it together (I had resisted to re-arrange it) and never expected it to win!  Bursting with pride and itching to tell someone, I wandered into another room to find our veg box had also come first and the children had won a series of first, second and thirds with their handwriting!  It was quite unbelieveable.

The icing on the cake came when they were announcing the winners and I heard "Cookridge Primary School".  The next thing I knew, I was climbing up steps onto the stage to receive a small silver plate from our local MP Greg Mulholland! Now that was a surprise!




It was just an incredible afternoon and I was proud to see our school's name everywhere - I had also taken our big displays up to showcase our garden for the past year and to show the local people our work here.

More photos later!

No comments:

Post a Comment