Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Birds of a feather

On Saturday, while walking my dog past the school garden, I heard a gentle "quack, quack" and to my delight, I spotted a male and female duck swimming sedately across our pond.  I stood and watched them for a minute or two, until my dog spied them and had to bark, making them take flight.
The next day, I did the same route and was pleasantly surprised to find them again in the middle of the pond.  I couldn't wait to tell the children!
I didn't have to wait as I had barely got through the school gates on Tuesday and several children gabbled excitedly about the ducks on our pond. They just loved the idea.
I took the camera up to the pond throughout the day, hoping to catch our ducks swimming, but they had become rather camera shy and spent most of the day (well, when I turned up) hiding in the tall grass or relaxing under the tree. I took pictures anyway as I was excited as the kids and wanted to blog it straightaway.  Mrs Whitley also managed to take photos of the ducks actually in the pond, but we can't figure out how to download from her mobile. (I really need to go on a technology course!).  So it looks like that we have adopted two ducks (or rather they have adopted us!) and they find our pond rather desirable.  Lets hope they stay for the summer - though someone did mention that we may get ducklings!

The male duck in the grass











No comments:

Post a Comment