Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Friday 11 May 2012

Perks of the Job

Last week, I mentioned that we had cut some rhubarb and that I wheelbarrowed it as far as our Reception class before it was sold out.
A few days later, a jar of marmalade appeared at our front office for me!  Put in a little gift bag, there was a delightful note from little Gina Warrior's mum, thanking me for the rhubarb and to try the rhubarb and orange preserve she had made.  I was really chuffed to bits by this gesture and the following morning, my usual slice of toast was smothered in Mrs Warrior's marmalade.  It was delicious, so much so that my family, who usually dislike rhubarb, pestered me for a try and were equally impressed.  The jar failed to make to the end of the weekend, and so Mrs Warrior found me waiting for her, begging for more.  A jar went to Mrs Whitley for a try and she opened it in the staffroom, for everybody to have a taste.  There were a lot of "mmmm's" and "that's lovely" that I fear I will be approaching Mrs Warrior with a rather large order and her having to set up a small cottage industry! So, again I thank Mrs Warrior, not only for her generosity, but for being a wonderful purveyor of rhubarb and orange marmalade!  And here's the evidence!

As you can see, my photographic skills are somewhat to be desired,  but here are two jars of  the rhubarb and orange marmalade!


With the children, we harvested the rest of the rhubarb and bagged it up the next day.  By this time, we had pre-orders and ended up taking it to our customers around the school!   Quite impressive really.  Perhaps I need to tell Mrs Whitley to drop the vegetables and become part of the rhubarb triangle of Yorkshire!

1 comment: