Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Thursday 16 August 2012

Mid holiday update

Well, I haven't killed the tomatoes yet!  Actually, they are doing quite well and there are quite a few tomatoes, albeit green ones!  We've had quite a nice week of weather and with the sun shining, hopefully they will turn.  Fingers crossed.
I am also very excited as finally, the pond is getting its long awaited face lift.  Simon and his Interserve team called in on Tuesday to finalise and they have kindly offered to organise the wildlife area and landscape generally, which is absolutely brilliant and has taken an enormous amount of pressure off me. I just kept saying yes to everything they offered.
I am also getting organised for the Cookridge Horticultural Show, though there's not a lot to do.  I'm dropping off the children's poetry and paintings to the organisers tomorrow and when we're back in school, I'll try and do a vegetable box display and also create a mosaic of our school's gardening year.  It's not a lot, but everybody's suffered with this year's abysmal weather, so we are all in the same boat.  The Show's on Saturday 8th September from 2pm.  All welcome.

I am still looking out for volunteers to help in the garden from September, so if you have any spare time and would like to potter in our garden, please let me know.  If you can't find me, somebody will be able to track me down in school somewhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment