Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Friday

Had a lovely little group of children this afternoon, and we went around the hyacinths, filling their trays up with water for the weekend.  I'm not in til Tuesday, so I had visions of wilting hyacinths and dying daffodils! Honestly, I will be dreaming of these flowers soon!

Once we had gone around all the trays - there's loads of them and I'm trying to remember where I've put them all, we headed up to the polytunnel where we planted some bulbs left from last year.  They aren't the best, but as my mother says "they've got two chances, up or down", so working on that philosophy, we planted up several large pots and hope that they bloom in spring.  The pots are destined for our front entrance, which looks rather bare after our splendid summer display.  There's really not a lot to do at the moment, but to keep things ship shape and organised for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment