Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Aaargh!

Last week, I thought I had posted lots of lovely photos and some witty dialogue to describe last week with Class 7 making their regular trip up. However, when I published, the words disappeared and the pictures stayed in draft.  It was a big "NOOOOO!" moment.

So back to Class 7's trips to our garden. Basically I just open up everything up and the kids get the tools and just get stuck in!  The boys are doing a great job weeding the beds, I've got dedicated band of girls planting up the rockery, another group planting up pansies in pots, Ben is pruning the herb garden and two boys have picked up every single fallen tomato off the polytunnel floor.  The teamwork is fantastic and they are so eager. It's really great to see and I love seeing the children making the most of it all.  They are quite reluctant to go back to class!

The classroom tomatoes have been turning red and last week, Billy, Thailan and Alex started to sell them to our parents (in between eating the profits!)  It's 50p here and 50p there, but it all helps.

Sorry for such a sorry blog, but I can't remember what I wrote last week, so just enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment