Welcome to Cookridge Primary School's Garden

Keep up to date with all that's going on in our school garden throughout the year!

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Wednesday

My second lunchtime garden club this week and it was great!

All the kids turned up and we went out into the murky fog again.  Being one of the highest points in Leeds (if not the highest), the fog can be quite thick and persistent.  It was also rather damp.  There's not much you can do in 20 minutes, but we watered and checked on the Christmas hyacinths and daffodils which seem to be doing the right thing!  The broad beans are sprouting too which was a lovely surprise as nothing was happening this time last week!

I cancelled my afternoon garden group for a variety of reasons - firstly because of the aforementioned murkiness and light drizzle so we couldn't work outside, there's nothing to do in the polytunnel, I'm full of cold and lost my voice (careless I know!) and also I've got a pile of paperwork and a display to plough through!

We have been invited on yet another bulb planting expedition in early November.  Alan Mann and the Holt park Tenants Association would like us to help plant bulbs in the Holt Park Entrance and also on Holtdale Approach opposite Ralph Thoresby.  If you would like to join us, let me know.

Hopefully I will get out tomorrow and do some gardening.  It's been very stop/start these last two weeks but after half term, we can start cracking on again!

No comments:

Post a Comment